BSOS Course Stamps
BSOS Advising Center


  • If you need permission to take a CCJS course, please go to for the request. If you are on academic probation/dismissal or needs stamps because you are a student athlete or in AAP, please make your request on the BSOS stamps site here and then also on the CCJS stamps website.
  • If you are on Academic Probation or Dismissal and would like to drop a course with a W, you are required to meet with an advisor to discuss dropping a course. If you have questions please call us at 301-405-1697
  • All Shady Grove CCJS majors should contact their program director, Dr. Stickle, for permission for Shady Grove CCJS classes as well as permission stamps for students on academic probation and dismissal.
  • Please note that students are responsible for checking eligibility and pre-requisite status for all courses they request. If a student requests a stamp and registers for a class without the pre-req, they must make the appropriate change to their schedule.
  • For courses that require department permission (CCJS,SOCY), you need to contact the respective department first and then submit your course stamp request here.

    • CCJS: 301-405-4729< SOCY: 301-405-6389

  • Please note the following notice in the Schedule of Classes as it especially applies to BSOS students:• Credit only granted for: BIOM301, BMGT230, CCJS200, ECON 230, ECON321, EDMS451, GEOG306, GEOL351, GVPT422, INST314, JOUR405, PSYC200 or SOCY201.You may only earn credits for one of these courses!

Stamp Request

Name: First  
Email:    Major:  
Reason for requesting Stamps:      Did you meet with an Advisor to discuss your registration status for this semester?   

Which Advisor did you meet to discuss your registration?  

Course Name:
 (Ex: CCJS300) 
Prerequisites Met: Action: Term:

characters left